Janna Brenhaug, Certified Barton Tutor at the Masters Level
** Online tutoring opening starting June 1st. Contact Janna at (320) 291-8411 if interested.
Welcome to Spelling Success! I offer tutoring in St. Cloud (Saint Cloud), MN Sartell, MN Sauk Rapids, MN Waite Park, MN and Central Minnesota via the Barton Reading & Spelling System®. The Barton Reading & Spelling System® is a one-on-one Orton-Gillingham tutoring method that greatly improves the spelling, reading, and writing skills of children, teenagers or adults who struggle due to dyslexia or a learning disability. I can help change their entire future by teaching them to read, write, and spell. My years of experience tutoring children with dyslexia and learning disabilities have taught me that with appropriate instruction, patience, and dedication, children can move toward overcoming their learning challenges. Spelling Success turns the "I can't" to "I can."
- Tutoring sessions are 50 minutes, two times per week, year round.
- Spelling rules that make sense to students are taught.
- Students earn prizes each month.
- Tutoring with an Orton-Gillingham method builds self-confidence.
To watch a demo tutoring session go to: www.bartondemo.com
Thank you for tutoring my husband. Yesterday, we were both reading the same thing silently and he finished at the same time I did. I used to read twice as fast as he did. Plus, he recently read a Dr. Seuss book to a little boy almost flawlessly. Your work has been appreciated by both of us!
~ Stacey S. - St. Cloud, MN
As a high school senior my tutoring with Janna has made such a big impact on my life and my outlook on my future. I am so grateful for the time she took to help me. I can't even express what a difference this will make in college for me.
- Kristen - Graduate student of the Barton Reading & Spelling System
Before I started tutoring with Janna, I found reading fatiguing and I was easily distracted. The Barton System just plain works and Janna is a great tutor. Click here to read Matt's entire testimonial.
- Matt - Adult Student, Barton Graduate in June 2015
It has been encouraging to see all that our daughter has learned from her tutoring sessions with Janna Brenhaug. It was one of the best decisions we have made.
- LeeAnn M. - St. Cloud, MN
Our son has been tutoring with Janna Brenhaug for the past 6 months. During this time, we have seen his confidence soar and finally believing in himself that he is smart. He has learned so much with the Barton Reading & Spelling System. It is exciting to see what his future will hold.
- Deanna S. - St. Joseph, MN
I am so thankful for the Barton Reading & Spelling System and how it has helped my child, especially in the last few levels. The progress was not only in reading fluency and word recognition, but a change in character as well. A confidence that was gone has returned. As my child heads off to college in the next few months, I can't express how comfortable I will be that my child will be able to handle what lies ahead. One-on-one tutoring has made all the difference in the world.
- Bobbi H. - St. Cloud, MN
The Barton Reading & Spelling System®
The Barton Reading & Spelling System® is:
- Research based
- Orton-Gillingham influenced
- Simultaneously multisensory
- An explicit and systematic phonics program
- Based on teaching students learn to spell by sounding out words rather than memorizing a sequence of letters.
Here is what is covered in each Barton Level:
- Level 1: Phonemic Awareness
- Level 2: Consonants & Short Vowels
- Level 3: Closed & Unit Syllables
- Level 4: Multi-Syllable words and Vowel Teams
- Level 5: Prefixes & Suffixes
- Level 6: Six Reasons for Silent-E
- Level 7: Vowel-R's
- Level 8: Advanced Vowel Teams
- Level 9: Influence of Foreign Languages
- Level 10: Latin Roots & Greek Combining Forms